2018 05 24
MindArk PE Aktiebolag (publ) (”we” or “MindArk”) cares about your privacy. Therefore, we always strive to protect your personal data in the best possible way and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations for the protection of personal data. In this policy, we want to inform you about how we collect and process your personal data.
This policy applies to any personal data we process when you create an account, download, access and/or play the game Entropia Universe.
Please note that Entropia Universe is not directed to children under the age of 13 and that we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 13 we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
Table of content
- Who is responsible for your personal data? Questions or queries?
- What personal data do we process?
- For what purpose do we process your personal data?
- Who gain access to your personal data?
- Transfer of personal data
- For how long will we store your personal data?
- How can you affect our processing of your personal data?
Who is responsible for your personal data? Questions or queries?
MindArk PE Aktiebolag (publ), company registration number 556640-4769, with address Järntorget 8, 413 04 Gothenburg, Sweden telephone number +46 (0)31 607 260 and e-mail address email@example.com is responsible for the processing of your personal data (the controller).
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data you may contact us via the Support Section of the Entropia Universe website or at any of the contact details stated above. If you want to send a letter to us, our postal address is:
MindArk PE AB (publ)
Attn. Entropia Support,
SE-413 04 Gothenburg,
What personal data do we process?
The personal data that we process is for example the data that you have provided us with when you create an account, download, access and/or play Entropia Universe.
The personal data that you submit to us can for instance be your user account information, name, contact details, e-mail address, age, gender and your payment details.
Participants wishing to deposit funds into the Entropia Universe or withdraw funds from the Entropia Universe are required to provide additional information, such as debit/credit card or bank account details.
You may also provide us with other personal data.
When you download, access and/or play Entropia Universe we will automatically collect information about your computer such as hardware, related drivers and your IP address.
We also process some personal data about you from other sources than you.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the purposes to administrate and fulfill our obligations to you as an Entropia Universe participant, improve Entropia Universe and your gaming experience and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and decisions made by public authorities.
We process your personal data for example in order to:
- Provide the game to your device;
- Administration of your user account;
- Communicate with you who are an Entropia Universe participant, for example via our chat;
- Complete and handle transactions in Entropia Universe;
- Comply with applicable accounting legislation; and
- Send newsletters.
We mainly processes your personal data based on the legal basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract. However, we may also process your personal data based on another legal basis, such as for the purpose of our legitimate interests to process your personal data or based on consent.
Who gain access to your personal data?
As a starting point, your data will only be processed by MindArk and relevant companies in the MindArk group. We may also share your information with our selected partners and suppliers in accordance with below.
- To administrate your deposit and/or withdrawing of funds we may share your personal data with our payment processor; and
- Our internal and external IT suppliers and any other suppliers we hire may get access to personal data about you that we process, but only to the extent necessary in order to fulfill their obligations in relation to MindArk.
Transfer of personal data
MindArk, MindArk group companies and MindArk’s partners and suppliers, will in some cases process your personal data outside of the EU/EEA. If your personal data is transferred to a third country, MindArk will always take suitable and appropriate safety measures to protect the personal data being processed. This means we will only transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA where there is a legal basis for doing this.
For how long will we store your personal data?
MindArk only processes your personal data for as long as the processing is necessary. Below you can read examples of how long that period is in some cases.
- Personal data that we process in order to administrate or to fulfill our obligations to you under the agreement will not be stored for longer than is necessary for us to fulfill our obligations;
- For the purpose of bookkeeping, we store your personal data, in accordance with applicable accounting legislation;
- We process your contact information for marketing purposes for a period of time after you have made a deposit of funds and/or purchase on Entropia Universe’s web shop or after you have played Entropia Universe; and
- Personal data which we process with your consent as legal basis, will be processed until you withdraw your consent or until you unregister your account with us (whichever occurs first).
How can you affect our processing of your personal data?
According to data protection legislation, you are entitled to a variety of rights to affect our processing of your personal data. Read more below.
Right to withdraw consent and to object to processing
You have a right to, entirely or partly, withdraw a given consent for the processing of your personal data. Your withdrawal will have effect from the time of your withdrawal.
You also typically have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. You have always a right to object to marketing from us, such as newsletters.
Right to access
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we are processing personal data concerning you. You can gain access to the personal data and obtain a copy of the personal data processed by us.
Right to rectification
You have the right to rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you and to ask us to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure (“the right to be forgotten”) and restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request erasure of your personal data. This is the case for example where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for continuance of the processing.
You also have the right to request that MindArk restrict its processing of your personal data. That is the case for example when the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, or the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead requests restriction of its use.
Right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU/EEA member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation. You have such a right without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy. In Sweden, the supervisory authority is The Swedish Data Protection Authority.
Right to data portability
You have the right to ask us to transfer the personal data we have about you to another company (data portability).
This right applies if:
- The processing is based on consent or on a contract; and
- The processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from MindArk to another controller, where technically feasible.